You must be a current WIW to enter the Members Only International Online Exhibition.
This is a non-juried online only members show.
ENTRY IS OPEN
November 1, 2023 – January 8, 2024
The entry rules for our Non-Juried Members Only Exhibition are DIFFERENT than those of our International Juried Competition.
PLEASE READ THE FULL PROSPECTUS.
1st Annual Women in Watercolor Members Only Online International Exhibition 2024
Open for Entry November 1, 2023 through January 8, 2024
This will be an ONLINE ONLY exhibition for WOMEN watercolor artists to help encourage, support, and promote the outstanding women that work in this medium.
ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY PROCEDURES
Entrants may enter ONE painting in this year’s members show. There are no restrictions on size, what year the painting was completed or if it has been entered in other shows outside of Women in Watercolor.
- You must be a current Women in Watercolor Member to enter this show.
- This is an online only exhibition. No paintings will need to be shipped. You can enter work that has previously been sold. Paintings do not need to be for sale but can be.
- The exhibition is open to all female artists working in watercolor on paper, synthetic paper, watercolor board, Yupo or other two-dimensional surfaces. Watercolors sealed with spray or wax after completion are allowed as long as it does not alter the original image.
- Painting must be PRIMARILY watercolor. Transparent and opaque watercolors, casein, gouache or water-soluble inks are allowed. Medium must remain water soluble after drying. Any acrylic, egg tempera, permanent inks, pastels, colored pencil or collage must be less than 10% of the work. NO DIGITAL WORK.
- Artist’s original work only. No class work. No work done under supervision. No copies or likenesses of another artist’s work.
- You do NOT have to paint from your own reference photograph for the Members Only Exhibition. However, do not use another artist’s image or image off of the internet without the photographers WRITTEN permission. If you violate copyright laws your painting will be removed.
- One entry per artist. Multiple entries will not be posted.
- No work previously entered or accepted in past Women in Watercolor competitions may be submitted.
- Paintings of nudes are acceptable with Women in Watercolor reserving the right to refuse entries depicting undue violence or obscenity as determined by Women in Watercolor.
If an entry does not follow these guidelines the painting will be taken down and entrant may be banned from future competitions. No refunds will be given.
Submissions will be made online only. The entry link will be on the Women in Watercolor website when entry opens.
ENTRY OPENS: November 1, 2023
ENTRY CLOSES: January 8, 2024
Exhibition will go live on the website After January 25, 2024.
ENTRY FEES: $10 USD for entry.
One entry per artist. If more than one painting is entered per artist, extra entries will not be posted.
No refunds will be given for extra entries due to processing fees.
ABOUT YOUR DIGITAL IMAGE
- Image must be correctly oriented when submitted (vertical or horizontal). If it is not oriented correctly, it will not be posted on the website. WIW is not responsible for correcting your image.
- Show only the image, no frame, mat or border. No people in the image and no watermark on the image. Image must be cropped to show painting only. If it is not cropped correctly, it will not be posted on the website. WIW is not responsible for correcting your image.
- No digital enhancement is allowed.
- Digital Image must be under 1mb in size.
Entry grants Women in Watercolor permission to reproduce work for records and promotional purposes. Images of accepted work may be used by Women in Watercolor in print/web promotional ads.
Exhibition Details & Awards
Any woman is welcome to enter the Members Only International Online Exhibition, you do not have to be a professional artist, you just have to paint with watercolor at any level. This will be a non-juried online only exhibition. There will be no monetary awards for this show. Every WIW Member that enters is accepted and will receive an emailed Acceptance Certificate and their painting will be displayed on the website. You must be a current paid member to enter.
Recognition – All paintings entered will be displayed on the Women in Watercolor website for one year.
A selection of entered work will be featured on our Social Media pages and Newsletter. WIW will share as much as possible!
An Acceptance Certificate will be emailed to each participant.
Note: ONE entry per artist. If more than one painting is entered per artist, they will not be posted. No refunds will be given for multiple entries per artist. All decisions are final, no entry may be withdrawn once submitted. No refunds given.
Entries will be posted on the Women in Watercolor website to view for ONE YEAR. You are welcome to enter those paintings into other shows at any time.